Getting Started with Adobe Lightroom Classic CC
What You'll Learn
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC enables you to import, organize, process, and output your photos all from within a single application. It was developed specifically to meet the multiple needs of digital photographers like you - all of that for a low monthly subscription that includes the full Photoshop program.
If you struggle to manage ever-increasing numbers of captured images, this workshop is for you! We'll explore Lightroom Classic's intuitive controls for organizing photos and perfecting their tone, color and sharpness.
This workshop will cover:
- Importing photos from your camera, hard drive, and as a migration from other applications
- Organizing your images in the Library module
- Basics of processing pictures in the Develop module
- Exporting photos from Lightroom
- Since Adobe now bundles Lightroom with Photoshop in the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, this class can clarify when and why you should take your photos from Lightroom into Photoshop. And when not to do so.
Presented in Lightroom Classic CC, but much of what is taught will apply to the earlier versions of the program.
What to Expect
- As this is a beginner's level workshop, there is only time enough for a *quick* overview of the Map, Book, Slideshow, Print, and Web Modules as the bulk of the time is on the most important modules: Library and Develop.
- As a lecture-style workshop, we do not encourage bringing your computer to "follow along" in the Lightroom program as there is no time to help with individual navigation on your own computers.
- Moving to Lightroom from other software solutions is a detailed and time consuming task and this workshop does NOT cover how to do that in detail as the variations and individual needs are endless.
An Important, Special Note About Adobe's New Names for Lightroom
If you are asking yourself, "which Lightroom do I want?", please read the following:
Adobe has recently updated, renamed and enhanced the Lightroom program world! Some of the details and names are confusing but essentially there is now a full mobile/cloud version for mobile devices, web browsers and desktop computers. While the original Lightroom for the desktop has been updated and enhanced. Here are the facts:
Lightroom CC (formerly known as Lightroom Mobile) is the cloud-native programs for phones and pads. But now there are versions for web browsers and desktop Mac and Windows computers too. It stores everything in the cloud so you can access all of your photos from any point. It has been quite useful on our smart-phones but the desktop and web versions are new so their features are limited now. Many pundits think that this is the future and its feature set will continue to improve but full use will depend upon very fast (and dependable) internet access.
Lightroom Classic CC (formerly Lightroom CC - do you see the naming problem?!) is the latest version of the Lightroom we have been using on our desktop computers with its professional image editing and organization workflow. This new version has performance enhancements and other improvements. This is the next advancement of Lightroom CC 2015 and Lightroom 6. It stores all of your photos on your computer, as it always has.
If you're trying to figure out which Lightroom you need, contact us and our instructor (Steve Gandy) will help you figure it out. Please note that the $9.99/mo. Photography Plan gives the buyer Photoshop, Lightroom Classic CC, and Lightroom CC with 20GB of online storage. So, you can try them both out...you may end up using both for different parts of your workflow!
This information is subject to change :-).
Who Should Take This
Digital photographers of any experience level who are new to Lightroom and want an all-in-one solution for organizing and editing their photos.
Presented By Steve Gandy
Steve Gandy is an educator, trainer, technology support professional and life-long photographer. Steve has introduced the ins-and-outs of digital photography to students young and old since 1995 and has been involved in education since 1978. His photography is varied but he focuses on nature, travel, and sports. Steve has contributed to training books and websites on Photoshop Elements, StarOffice/OpenOffice and other educational topics. He leads photographic tours to the southern Utah canyon lands.
BDA Members: $69.00
Sorry, we don't have this event scheduled right now but we'll probably be adding it again soon! If you're interested in this event, we recommend using our follow feature to be notified the next time we add it to our schedule. You can also email us to request that we add it soon.
Great 1st class to get into Lightroom a very informative 3 hour session.ChrisRead All Comments