Adobe Illustrator Hands-On
What You'll Learn
Create crisp, stunning vector graphics like a seasoned professional with Adobe Illustrator, a must-have for your graphic design toolkit! Illustrator is the industry-standard program for creating logos, graphics, posters, and digital artwork with clean lines and bold solid colors or gradients, whether for print or web.
This in-depth but user-friendly class uses hands-on exercises to teach you Illustrator's core concepts and features. As the day progresses, you'll learn powerful tools for creating and manipulating digital illustrations.
What This Class Will Cover
- The difference between vector and raster graphics
- Using Layers to composite shapes into simple and complex graphics
- Using the pen tool and its variants
- Creating organic Bezier-curves
- Working with paths, strokes, and brushes
- Using the Gradient, Color and Symbol panels
- Imaginative effects like the Symbol Sprayer Tool
- Transforming scanned drawings to vector art with Live Trace
- Bendable and dynamic text
- Organizing and saving your files
What To Expect
- This is a beginner-level, hands-on class that is perfect for those who are looking to get started with Adobe Illustrator!
You will need to bring along your own laptop.
Presented in Adobe Creative Cloud, but most of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
Who Should Take This
Beginners and Newbies to the world of Adobe Illustrator who are looking to create digital graphics and designs. You should learn Illustrator if you want to create logos, posters, and other bold graphics, or use text in your designs.
Taking Getting Started with Adobe Illustrator as an overview is helpful, but not necessary.
Presented By Michael Chavez
For over a decade, Michael has dedicated his professional life to the art of visual communication through graphic design. Michael Chavez has taught graphic design at various colleges and institutions while also successfully running his own single man design shop. He has also served on the board of AIGA Colorado since 2012. On a daily basis, Michael not only uses the industry standard of design software but he also teaches the use of those programs. He has worked on projects big and small, raning from branding and identity programs to logo design, collateral, typographic expression, digital illustration and different formatting for print, web, and social media. Michael is a Colorado native who loves letterforms, bicycles, and enjoying the outdoors with his family.
BDA Members: $249.00
You guys set the bar. You've turned me from a good designer into a great one. The instructor kept to schedule and answered all questions.KevinRead All Comments