Adobe Lightroom Hands-On
What You'll Learn
Do you wish you had a firm grip on straightforward, powerful ways to process your digital photos so they look their best? Are you looking for efficient tools to organize your photos so they're easy to find? Then Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and this class are for you.
Spend a full day learning what you need to know to enhance the appearance of your photos in Lightroom's Develop module and manage your photos in Lightroom's Library module. The instructor will provide you with practice photos and walk you through the essential steps for processing and managing digital photos in Lightroom.
This class will cover:
- Importing photos to a Lightroom catalog
- Techniques for organizing and finding photos
- Tonal adjustments
- Color corrections
- Local adjustments
- Sharpening and noise reduction
- Exporting corrected photos
- Since Adobe now bundles Lightroom with Photoshop in the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, this class can help clarify when and why you should take your photos from Lightroom into Photoshop. And when not to do so.
What To Expect
- There is only time enough for an overview of the Map, Book, Slideshow, Print, and Web Modules as the bulk of the time is on the most important modules: Library and Develop.
- Moving to Lightroom from other software solutions is a detailed and time consuming task and this workshop does *not* cover how to do that in detail as the variations and individual needs are endless.
Who Should Take This
Photographers with some digital photo processing experience will get the most out of this class, but it's not limited to experienced photographers. All the photo editing and cataloging features will be explained and used, so beginners will benefit as well!
This class is for you if…
- You've played around with any image editing or cataloging software a bit but need more in-depth training.
- You want to move to Lightroom from one of the other programs.
- You want to start using a professional workflow for your digital images.
Presented By Steve Gandy
Steve Gandy is an educator, trainer, technology support professional and life-long photographer. Steve has introduced the ins-and-outs of digital photography to students young and old since 1995 and has been involved in education since 1978. His photography is varied but he focuses on nature, travel, and sports. Steve has contributed to training books and websites on Photoshop Elements, StarOffice/OpenOffice and other educational topics. He leads photographic tours to the southern Utah canyon lands.
BDA Members: $249.00
Great class yesterday. I think how all the adjustments we make affects the histogram finally clicked. Steve really tied that all together for me. I also learned so more nuances of the system I had not learned before. BonnieRead All Comments