Search Engine Optimization Hands-On
What You'll Learn
SEO theory is all well and good, but if you don't know how to research keywords, brainstorm related topics, and use Google tools wisely, you're likely spending your effort moving in the wrong direction.
In this workshop, you'll dig into Google Keyword Planner, Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools to help you focus your online efforts and ensure that your traffic patterns are what you expect.
You'll need to be signed up and collecting data from Analytics on your site, and have a Google account so that you can go through the AdWords backend. We will go through the steps needed to verify sites for Webmaster Tools. You'll also need an administrative or Cpanel login for your hosting service.
This class will cover:
- Keyword research with Google Keyword Planner
- Best practices in writing for search engines, producing great article titles, keyword density, etc.
- Understanding current site traffic with Google Analytics
- Getting started - and checking for problems - with Google Webmaster Tools
- All-class brainstorming and discussion of topics, strategies and tactics
For class, you will need:
- Your Own Laptop: If you do not have one, or cannot bring one, our 21" iMac computers are available to rent at a special rate of $20 for the entire class. If you need one of our computers, please let us know asap, and we can have one waiting for you when you arrive! Email us at email@example.com to make your reservation and pay in advance.
- To have signed up and have been collecting data from Analytics on your site
- A Google account so that you can go through the AdWords backend
- An administrative or Cpanel login for your hosting service.
As this is a hands-on class, there are only 12 seats available. Please sign up sooner rather than later to ensure your registration.
This class is a compliment to Dave's lecture-style Introduction to SEO workshop. We highly recommend you take that workshop first. In doing so, you will help us move more quickly through a lot of topics, and ensure that each attendee will have lots of hands-on time with the instructor's guidance.
Who Should Take This
Web designers who have a basic understanding of search engine optimization practices and want more hands-on guidance. We recommend taking Introduction to SEO first.
Presented By Dave Taylor
Dave Taylor has been involved with the Internet since 1980 and is widely recognized as an expert on both technical and business issues. He has been published over a thousand times, launched four Internet-related startup companies, has written twenty business and technical books and holds both an MBA and MS Ed. Dave maintains four weblogs: The Business Blog at Intuitive.com, Ask Dave Taylor, Dave On Film, and Attachment Parenting Blog. Dave is an award-winning speaker, sought after conference and workshop participant and frequent guest on radio and pod programs.
BDA Members: $129.00
Sorry, we don't have this event scheduled right now but we'll probably be adding it again soon! If you're interested in this event, we recommend using our follow feature to be notified the next time we add it to our schedule. You can also email us to request that we add it soon.
Great overview of useful tools.TylerRead All Comments