Google Analytics: Beyond the Basics
What You'll Learn
- A deeper dive on Google Analytics reporting than the "beginners" class
- An explanation of what metrics give which insights, when to use them
- Best practices around reporting, custom reports, dashboards
- Tips and tricks for applying Google Analytics data to real world problems
- Tips and tricks for getting more advanced data into Google Analytics
Before you attend:
- We recommend going to www.google.com/analytics and signing up for a free account before coming to this workshop, in order to get the most out of it.
- Students should have already taken the "Getting Started With Google Analytics" class.
- Also, students should bring a laptop to get the most out of the class (follow along in the live demo if you choose + note taking).
- Students should have access to a data processing tool like Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets (Google Docs).
Who Should Take This
Intermediate-level web designers, developers, marketers, or business owners who want to know how web users interact with their sites and are ready to go beyond the basics. If you don't understand basic web terms, you should take Web Fundamentals first. Getting Started With Google Analytics is a prerequisite.
Presented By Justin Rosenthal
Justin is trained in advanced statistics and has been working with online data sources since 2001. He applies this knowledge of online data to enhance the performance. He is the founder and organizer for Analyze Boulder, a monthly event to bring together and grow the Boulder data work community. He is founder of Rosenthal Analysis, and coined the term growth engineering to describe the firm's practices.
BDA Members: $79.00