What You'll Learn
Production 101 is an overview of how to set up, produce and budget for a video project. This class is designed for anyone wanting to make a video or anyone that has a script they want to produce.
Critical questions to ask before starting a video project so that you don't waste time and money. Various roles in production and how they fit or don't fit into your project and your budget. What can you do yourself, as the producer, and when do you need someone else for the job? Considerations before going on a shoot. Who should be on set and can they fit into my budget?
This workshop will cover:
- Budgeting overview in an Excel Spreadsheet
- Overview of the producers role in a production from start to finish
- Overview of roles in a production: who does what
- Steps a producer needs to take to get a video project produced
- Scheduling a shoot and the importance of timing
- Creating a shot list
- Creating a contact sheet
This workshop will NOT cover:
- Budgeting tools like Movie Magic
- How to sell a show or pitch an idea
- How to raise money for a production
- Feature Movie Production budgeting
- Rates for individual jobs within a production
Who Should Take This:
- Anyone who wants to make a video
- Anyone who is being asked to make videos at work and they don't know where to start
- Anyone who has made videos in the past, but wants to find out how someone else produces.
Presented By Lowel Pierce
With 35 years in the film and video production world, Lowel Pierce has done a little of everything and enjoyed the variety. A Colorado native and graduate of CSU in Technical Journalism, Lowel has worked as a TV news photographer, a cinematographer in Saudi Arabia, a partner in a video production company. As both one-man-band and freelance Director of Photography for 22 years, Lowel has worked on indie features, shorts, documentaries, TV commercials, and high-end corporate productions earning a CINE Golden Eagle, Heartland Emmies, and Videographer Awards of Distinction.
BDA Members: $69.00
Early Registration Discount Applied
You will save $10.00 by registering before midnight on 3/3/2018. Applies to the next scheduled date only.