What You'll Learn
Production 101 is an overview of how to set up, produce and budget for a video project. This class is designed for anyone wanting to make a video or anyone that has a script they want to produce.
Critical questions to ask before starting a video project so that you don't waste time and money. Various roles in production and how they fit or don't fit into your project and your budget. What can you do yourself, as the producer, and when do you need someone else for the job? Considerations before going on a shoot. Who should be on set and can they fit into my budget?
This workshop will cover:
- Budgeting overview in an Excel Spreadsheet
- Overview of the producers role in a production from start to finish
- Overview of roles in a production: who does what
- Steps a producer needs to take to get a video project produced
- Scheduling a shoot and the importance of timing
- Creating a hot list
- Creating a contact sheet
This workshop will NOT cover:
- Budgeting tools like Movie Magic
- How to sell a show or pitch an idea
- How to raise money for a production
- Feature Movie Production budgeting
- Rates for individual jobs within a production
Who Should Take This:
- Anyone who wants to make a video
- Anyone who is being asked to make videos at work and they don't know where to start
- Anyone who has made videos in the past, but wants to find out how someone else produces.
Presented By Madeleine Pollak
Madeleine Pollak is the Executive Producer of Pollak Productions, Inc, which she founded in Boulder 8 years ago. She is a six-time Emmy Award-winning producer, writer and director, who has worked on a diverse range of TV programming including: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Discovery Channel, National Geographic, TLC, Dr. Phil for CBS, HGTV, among many others. She has also worked with major corporate clients such as The US Olympic Committee, American Express, Visa, PayPal, Crocs, Coors, Microsoft, Oracle, Bank of America, and many more. Madeleine has also written, directed, acted, and coached for live stage and has appeared on camera.
BDA Members: $69.00
Early Registration Discount Applied
You will save $10.00 by registering before midnight on 4/8/2017. Applies to the next scheduled date only.