Tami Simon, How a 30-year old Publisher Innovates in the Digital Age
What You'll Learn
This is a recording of Boulder Digital Art's Fall Digital Salon that was held on November 11th, 2016 with Tami Simon, the founder and CEO of Sounds True presenting "Staying True to the Mission, Changing the Medium: How a 30-year old Publisher Innovates in the Digital Age".
Sounds True historically has published books, CDs and DVDs. In the past several years, they have also successfully launched online courses, mobile apps, digital subscriptions, and online training summits. Tami Simon, who founded the Boulder-based company in 1985, also hosts the free popular podcast "Insights at the Edge" which receives more than 2 million downloads per year. In this presentation, Tami will discuss how Sounds True continues to innovate both their product offerings and marketing approach in the digital age, while staying true to their original mission of disseminating spiritual wisdom.
BDA's Digital Salons are a fun and unique hybrid of schmoozing and networking, art and technology, and entertainment and education. These FREE quarterly events bring together people from all different disciplines - filmmakers, photographers, web designers, mobile app developers and many more!
Sounds True was founded in 1985 by Tami Simon with a clear mission: to disseminate spiritual wisdom. Since starting out as a project with one woman and her tape recorder, they have grown into a multimedia publishing company with more than 80 employees, a library of more than 1500 titles featuring some of the leading teachers and visionaries of our time, and an ever-expanding family of customers from across the world. In more than three decades of growth, change, and evolution, Sounds True has maintained its focus on its overriding purpose, as summed up in their Vision Statement: "Sounds True exists to inspire, support, and serve personal transformation and spiritual awakening."
Sounds True is an independent multimedia publishing company that embraces the world's major spiritual traditions, as well as the arts and humanities, embodied by the leading authors, teachers, and visionary artists of our time. Their approach to publishing is not dependent on a single format or technology "rather, they strive with every title to preserve the essential "living wisdom" of the author, artist, or spiritual teacher. It is their goal to create products that not only provide information to a reader or listener, but that also embody the essential quality of a wisdom transmission between a teacher and a student.
Presented By Tami Simon
Tami Simon founded Sounds True at the age of 22 with the mission of disseminating spiritual wisdom. As a pioneer in the conscious business movement, she focuses on bringing authenticity and heart into the workplace while honoring multiple bottom lines. Tami hosts a popular weekly podcast called Insights at the Edge, where she has interviewed many of today's leading teachers, delving deeply into their discoveries and personal experiences on their own journeys. With Sounds True, she has released the audio program Being True: What Matters Most in Work, Life, and Love.
We're sure our programs are awesome! If you don't think you got your money's worth, we'll give you a full refund within 30 days of your purchase. So, get going today - risk free!
Why Our Videos Are So Awesome
- Practical: Learn practical skills quickly from industry pros that you can apply right away.
- Incredible Content: Videos range from 10 minutes to 3 hours with detailed chapters and all the class materials (when available).
- Flexible: Learn at your own pace anywhere. Stream our videos to your computer or mobile device or download them to use offline on your commute to work.
- Lifetime Access: Whether you download the program or prefer to stream it from our website, your access to the videos never expires like a subscription program would.
- Proven: BDA has been educating creative pros for nearly ten years in Boulder and now you can join us wherever you are! Welcome to Boulder!
- Value: Get exactly what you need - when you need it - at a super low price. No ongoing subscription fees, no commitments, instant purchase and instant learning.
- Quality: All BDA videos are professionally produced with high definition video and great sound.