Free: Know Your Numbers by Simple Startup
Join us at BDA for a one-of-a-kind and FREE session to learn how to run a simple but effective financial analysis that will act as your guiding light as you start/grow your business. Leave this workshop with a basic financial model (aka an excel sheet that adds up all the different inputs and outputs) and work out whether your idea is the Next. Big. Thing. (Or even whether it will provide a nice income into the future) or how you're going to take your current business to the next level.
What You'll Learn
- What costs should you be considering when planning a startup
- What sales and/or costs do you need to hit to break even
- How to put together a basic financial model
- Some financial lingo (although we like to keep this to a minimum)
- Where you're currently making money and where costs could be cut
- What things you need to focus on to grow your business
- How much money you might need to raise to make that happen
NO prior knowledge required and we even have a jargon buzzer - if anything gets too complex, hit the buzzer and we'll bring it back to earth : )
Lorne Noble (Quickbooks Pro, Expensify Approved, Bill.com Expert, Analyst, Principal at Simple Startup, MBA)
Verity Noble (Productivity ninja, Fun Manager at Simple Startup, MBA)
Who Should Take This
Anyone who has an awesome idea and wonders whether it's going to make money. Anyone running a business and wants to base their decisions on hard data rather than gut feel. Anyone who wants to take their already successful business to the next level.