Intro to Producing Virtual Reality Content
What You'll Learn
Part of our Digital Essentials series, these fast-paced, 2-hour workshops are designed to introduce you to cutting-edge topics quickly and affordably. These workshops explore transformative tools, technologies and ideas that can truly empower you in work, life and creative pursuits.
Virtual Reality (VR) has evolved into an incredibly rich experience that takes interactivity to an entirely new level. As a designer, creating content for VR has become much easier in the last few years, but high-quality VR content still takes an thorough understanding of computer graphics workflows. In this course, taught by VFX artist-Technical Director Pax, you'll explore various project workflows, how to create assets in 3D that can be used in VR, and an overview of the entire process of creating VR content from asset creation to publishing to different platforms.
The instructor will demonstrate modeling, texturing, and rendering, and offers some tips for making more sophisticated content. In addition you'll gain important insights on cutting-edge VR techniques, such as creating content in VR projects with Unity, Nuke, Mari, Tilt Brush, and more.
- Computer Graphics overview: Pixels, GPUs, Bitmaps, vectors
- VR vs. augmented and mixed reality
- What is a VR asset? Building assets for virtual reality
- Creating quality models vs efficient models
- Exporting the right file formats for VR
- Adding lighting and effects to VR models
- Rendering for virtual reality
- Understanding the limitations and future of VR
BDA Members: $30.00