Getting Started with Google Analytics
What You'll Learn
Google Analytics is a free tool which can show you everything you need to know about your web users, informing you which pages and online campaigns are most effective. This workshop focuses on training you on how to use Google Analytics to drive actionable insights from your data.
Starting with a little background on how web analytics works, we'll go over and show you how to install Google Analytics on your website. We'll then end with a walk-through of everything you'll need to know about the Google Analytics tool and how to make it work for you. You'll leave class with both knowledge and resources for further learning.
This class will cover...
- An overview of a typical Google Analytics implementation
- Important administrative settings you need to know
- A walkthrough of the Google Analytics interface and reporting
- How to interpret data and find actionable insights in your reports
- Helpful resources for advanced implementations
What Not to Expect
- Intro to web basics.
- Learning how to use the Google AdWords interface.
- There will be a short overview of all Wordpress and other CMS plugins but nothing in-depth related.
- Details on advanced Google Analytics topics like event tracking, data import, or custom dimensions but nothing in-depth as this is a *beginner* level workshop.
- For Advanced Google Analytic topics, please see our Google Analytics: Beyond the Basics workshop.
Before you attend:
We recommend going to www.google.com/analytics and signing up for a free account before coming to this workshop, in order to get the most out of it. Also, students should bring a laptop to get the most out of the class (follow along in the live demo if you choose + note taking).
A video of this class is available for immediate viewing from only $35!See Video Details
Bonus! in-person registrants can purchase the video at half-price after attending the class!
Who Should Take This
Intermediate level web designers, developers, marketers, or business owners who want to know how web users interact with their sites. If you don't understand basic web terms, you should take Web Fundamentals first.
Presented By Justin Rosenthal
Justin is trained in advanced statistics and has been working with online data sources since 2001. He applies this knowledge of online data to enhance the performance. He is the founder and organizer for Analyze Boulder, a monthly event to bring together and grow the Boulder data work community. He is founder of Rosenthal Analysis, and coined the term growth engineering to describe the firm's practices.
BDA Members: $79.00
LOTS of actionable tips. Tara knows her stuff was able to handle questions and gauge audience knowledge level.LisaRead All Comments