Getting Started with Google Analytics
What You'll Learn
Google Analytics is a free tool which can show you everything you need to know about your web users, informing you which pages and online campaigns are most effective. This workshop focuses on training you on how to use Google Analytics to drive actionable insights from your data.
Starting with a little background on how web analytics works, we'll go over and show you how to install Google Analytics on your website. We'll then end with a walk-through of everything you'll need to know about the Google Analytics tool and how to make it work for you. You'll leave class with both knowledge and resources for further learning.
This class will cover...
- An overview of a typical Google Analytics implementation
- Important administrative settings you need to know
- A walkthrough of the Google Analytics interface and reporting
- How to interpret data and find actionable insights in your reports
- Helpful resources for advanced implementations
What to Expect
- Intro to web basics.
- Learning how to use the Google AdWords interface.
- An overview of all Wordpress and other CMS plugins but nothing in-depth related.
- Details on advanced Google Analytics topics like event tracking, data import, or custom dimensions but nothing in-depth as this is a *beginner* level workshop.
Before you attend:
We recommend going to www.google.com/analytics and signing up for a free account before coming to this workshop, in order to get the most out of it. Also, students should bring a laptop to get the most out of the class (follow along in the live demo if you choose + note taking).
Who Should Take This
Intermediate-level web designers, developers, marketers, or business owners who want to know how web users interact with their sites. If you don't understand basic web terms, you should take Fundamentals of Web Design first.
Presented By Tara Dunn
Tara Dunn is the Analytics Director at Location3 Media in Denver. As a Google Analytics and Google AdWords Qualified Individual, Tara has over seven years experience in web analytics - on everything from solutions for small businesses to large brands and enterprise level clients. She has presented numerous training sessions, leading her company to become a Google Analytics Certified Partner. Her daily activities include strategic applications of web analytics in business settings, providing and troubleshooting analytics implementations, and providing actionable insights to her clients.
BDA Members: $59.00
Early Registration Discount Applied
You will save $10.00 by registering before midnight on 1/30/2015. Applies to the next scheduled date only.
A wealth of information.GwendolynRead All Comments