Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop
What You'll Learn
If you want to enhance your photos and create fantastic designs with Adobe Photoshop, start here! This class is a general introduction to what you need to know to get started using Photoshop.
We'll begin with a look at the interface and learn some basic Photoshop skills, like working efficiently with Photoshop's tools, undoing mistakes, and saving in different file formats. We'll cover how to work with Layers and why they're so important. And we'll introduce how and when to use selections. You'll leave this class with the basics under your belt, so that you can confidently move on to learn more specific applications of Photoshop to your photography or design work.
- The Photoshop interface
- Undoing mistakes & saving
- Choosing a file format
- Image resizing
- Intro to photo editing
- Why select
- The most useful selection tools
- Why layers are so important
- Working with the Layers panel
- Building a layered file
- Combining images
Presented in Adobe Creative Cloud, but most of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
What to Expect
- As this is a beginner's level workshop, it will not cover advanced Photoshop techniques like creating 3D designs, working with video and other more intermediate and pro actions.
- As a lecture-style workshop, we do not encourage bringing your computer to "follow along" in the Photoshop program as there is no time to help with individual navigate via their own computers.
- Moving to Photoshop from other software solutions is a detailed and time consuming task and this workshop does *not* cover how to do that in detail as the variations and individual needs are endless.
A video of this class is available for immediate viewing from only $35!See Video Details
Bonus! in-person registrants can purchase the video at half-price after attending the class!
Who Should Take This
Anyone who wants to use Photoshop to edit photos or create graphics for print or the web. If you've never used Photoshop, OR if you've played with Photoshop a little and gotten thoroughly confused, this workshop will make everything clear!
Hobbyist or amateur photographers with Photoshop Elements should take Getting Started with Photoshop Elements instead.
Presented By Michael Chavez
For the past 10 years he has been dedicated to the art of visual communication through graphic design. Michael Chavez has taught graphic design at various colleges and institutions while also successfully running his own single man design shop. He has also served on the board of AIGA Colorado since 2012. On a day-to-day basis, Michael not only uses the industry standard of design software but he also teaches the use of those programs. He has worked on projects big and small from branding and identity programs to logo design, collateral, typographic expression, digital illustration and different formatting for print, web, and social media. Michael is a Colorado native that loves letterforms, bicycles, and enjoying the outdoors with his family.
BDA Members: $79.00
Shows a wide variety of things Photoshop can do even though there's still a ton more things. The instructor was enjoyable: "she is organized in what she shows us, explains clearly, & obviously has tons of experience."RachelRead All Comments