Podcasting Hands-On Intensive
What You'll Learn
Have a great idea for a podcast, but aren't sure where to start? Join us for this all day, hands-on workshop to learn all of the ins and outs of podcasting.
In this fast-paced class we'll take you through the basics of choosing the right recording gear and apps to begin recording. Then, we will record some audio with our equipment and provide different scenarios of potential podcast recording environments. After that, we'll take the audio files and learn how to edit, EQ, filter, and add bumper music to your first podcast. Moving on, we will go through detailed overviews of uploading podcasts, creating feeds, website hosting podcasts, and promotion ideas.
What You'll Learn
- Choosing and using microphones
- Choosing and using headphones
- Recording techniques and best practices
- Recommended recording and audio editing applications
- How to use "pre-production" techniques to effectively plan your podcast
- Scripting basics
- Recording good-sounding dialogue in different environments
- Recording interviews with remote guests utilizing Skype
- Editing your podcast including adding music and sound effects
- Uploading your podcast to iTunes
- Podcast topics and tips for scheduling
- Distributing your podcast
- Tracking podcast listeners
- Promoting your podcast
- Basics of finding sponsors for your podcasts
Please bring a set of your own headphones or earbuds for audio editing. BDA will supply iMac workstations for hands-on audio editing and sweetening. We will be working with Adobe Audition software on the workstations, but what you'll learn can be applied to any audio recording and editing applications.
Who Should Take This
Anyone who wants to learn how to make a podcast to promote their business, share their opinions, and communicate with the world in an all day, hands-on course. Please see our 3-hour Getting Started with Podcasting workshop for a lecture-style overview of podcasting.
Presented By Brian Brown
Brian Brown has owned his own full-service video, audio, and motion-graphics production business, BrownCow Productions, since 2004. A "one-man show," he scripts, produces, shoots, and edits all of his own content. He regularly creates video and audio for the web, broadcast television, large events, and in-house corporate training. He also dabbles in composing his own songs. Brian is a daily user of Adobe's Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop applications, as well as Steinberg's Cubase.
BDA Members: $175.00